Premier People are a leading recruitment specialist, supplying quality, skilled and experienced blue-collar workers to our clients within various industries in the WA market including mining and shutdowns, warehousing, transport, logistics and construction.
By establishing solid, trusting relationships, and a reputation amongst our clients for supplying quality, reliable and hardworking individuals, Premier People have built a strong presence and network across WA.
Premier People are currently assisting our client, a leading contractor servicing various mines across WA, with their requirement for Boilermaker / Welders. Candidates must be available to work between the 30th of April and the 4th of May. Key responsibilities include:
- Grinding, cutting, welding and fabrication
- Assemble, identify faults in and repair boilers, tanks, pressure vessels etc.
- Cut, mould, twist, shape, punch and hammer metal to assemble parts and enable fitting edges together
- Perform routine maintenance on tools and equipment
- Select the appropriate materials, methods and equipment necessary to complete the job
- Use a range of machinery, hand tools and welding equipment
- Conform to and promote OHS and Safe Working Practices
Perks and Benefits
Premier People’s Shutdown division supplies skilled and experienced trades and skilled labour to mine sites across WA. Our core crew of 75+ individuals mobilise to BHPIO, FMG, Roy Hill and Rio Tinto sites to carry out many areas of maintenance.
- Work for leading contractors in the industry
- Fly In / Fly Out from Perth, WA
- Up to 12-hour days
- Above market pay rates
- Additional ongoing work available
Skills and experience
Candidates must be prepared to complete a pre-employment medical check and a drugs and alcohol test. Successful applicants must have rights to work in Australia and hold the following:
- Australian Trade Certificate/Recognition
- Valid WA Driver’s License
- Working at Heights (RIIWHS204D)
- Working in Confined Spaces (RIIWHS202D)
- Gas Testing Atmospheres (MSAPHOS217A)
- High Risk Work License
- Willing to work in TA roles if and when required
- Previous experience working within the mining industry
- Fire Extinguisher Training (CPPFES2005A)
- Hot Works