Premier People's Shut Down division supplies skilled and experienced trades and skilled labour to mine sites across WA. Our core crew of 75+ individuals mobilise to BHPIO, FMG, Roy Hill and Rio Tinto sites to carry out many areas of maintenance.
Premier People is a BusinessForGood lifetime partner; meaning that for every singer hour you work for us, you are able to contribute to incredible Australia wide and global projects that make life changing impacts to people in need all over the world.
Premier People will only mobilise good, reliable people that we are happy to put our name to! We would prefer to not supply, rather than send people to site with poor attitudes and work ethics.
We have an awesome team, doing great things on site, that are well recognised and appreciated, and they deserve to work with like-minded willing people. Rollers; tools and plant are heavy enough, without 'carrying' other people!
We are looking for trade qualified, experienced boilermakers for shutdown work at BHP Whaleback to carry out various areas of maintenance. Candidates must be available to work between the 15th to the 29th of April. Key responsibilities include:
- Chute and plate maintenance
- Screen maintenance
- Crusher maintenance
- Skirt replacement and adjustment
- Roller inspections and replacements
- Pulley refurbishments and replacements
- Belt Cleaner maintenance; installations and upgrades of scrapers
About The Role
- Excellent pay rate and career progression
- Defined development plan at the outset for pay; training and responsibility
- Priority placement; Be rewarded for loyalty and great performance and attitude!
Perks and Benefits
Minimum of $45/hour for trade qualified Boilermakers, even when working in TA roles!
Premier People Priority Placement - Demonstrate your commitment, work ethic and reliability, and always get first choice of upcoming work. We don't contact the masses and put bums on seats! We choose Quality over Quantity, so rest assured, your dedication, loyalty and commitment will always be rewarded with Premier People
Opportunity for career progression with Premier People's Supervisor development programme. Ask us how you can progress to leading hand / supervisor positions and qualify for completely funded training through Premier People.
Skills and experience
Successful applicants must have rights to work in Australia and hold the following qualifications:
- Australian Trade Certificate (Or Australian Trade Recognition)
- Solid Work Ethic
- Driving License (HR – preferred)
- Working at Heights (RIIWHS204D)
- Working in Confined Spaces (RIIWHS202D)
- Respiratory Fit Test
- Clean Shaven Site Policy
- White Card
- Karara inducted
- Hot Works (preferred)
- Fire Extinguisher Training (CPPFES2005A) (preferred)