Premier People's Shut Down division supplies skilled and experienced trades and skilled labour to mine sites across WA. Our core crew of 75+ individuals mobilise to BHPIO, FMG, Roy Hill and Rio Tinto sites to carry out many areas of maintenance.
Premier People is a BusinessForGood lifetime partner; meaning that for every singer hour you work for us, you are able to contribute to incredible Australia wide and global projects that make life changing impacts to people in need all over the world.
Premier People will only mobilise good, reliable people that we are happy to put our name to! We would prefer to not supply, rather than send people to site with poor attitudes and work ethics.
We have an awesome team, doing great things on site, that are well recognised and appreciated, and they deserve to work with like-minded willing people. Rollers; tools and plant are heavy enough, without 'carrying' other people!
We are looking for trade qualified, experienced rubber liners for shutdown work to carry out various areas of maintenance. Key responsibilities include:
- Belt Repairs
- Belt change outs
- Rubber lining of tanks, hoppers and pipes of varying sizes, spools, distribution boxes and repair work/patch work, filter belt repairs, curbing
- Ceramic Tile lagging to chutes / hoppers etc Pulley lagging
- Prep Belts Endless
- Splice Fabric Belts – 2, 3, 4 & 5 ply Friction Bottom belts
- Solid Woven Belts Sandwich Splice
- Nitril Belts
- PVC 2, 3
- Rough Top Belt
- Hot & Cold Splice and Clip Joins Hot & Cold Repairs
- Tension & tracking of belts
- Belt Slitting
- Job Scoping / Planning JHA’s / Safety Requirements
- Job Procedures / Time Frames Belt Training
- Liaison with Client safety procedures
Perks and Benefits
Successful applicants will have the highest regard for safety and will be required to actively contribute in HSE based activities to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of themselves and others. You will have the ability to be flexible to deliver in a continually evolving environment and possess strong team work ethics.
As part of the recruitment process, suitable applicants will be required to complete pre-employment medical testing including drug and alcohol screening.
Premier People Priority Placement - Demonstrate your commitment; work ethic and reliability, and ALWAYS get first choice of upcoming work. We DONT contact the masses and put bums on seats! We choose Quality over Quantity, so rest assured, your dedication; loyalty and commitment will always be rewarded with Premier People.
Opportunity for career progression with Premier People's Supervisor development programme. Ask us how you can progress to leading hand / supervisor positions and qualify for completely funded training through Premier People.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will have either advanced or entry level knowledge of all forms of Belt Splicing and installations. Successful applicants must have rights to work in Australia and hold the following qualifications:
- Solid Work Ethic
- Willing to work in TA roles when required
- Cert III or IV Polymer Processing
- Driving License
- Working at Heights (RIIWHS204D)
- Working in Confined Spaces (RIIWHS202D)
- Gas Testing Atmospheres (MSAPHOS217A)