We are assisting our client, an Industry Leader within the Mining Industry, who are looking for a Senior Planner to join their existing team.
Premier People is a Business For Good lifetime partner; meaning that for every singer hour you work for us, you are able to contribute to incredible Australia wide and global projects that make life changing impacts to people in need all over the world.
Your key responsibilities will be to manage the planning activities and oversee the service resources.
Working closely with a FIFO workforce, key responsibilities include:
- Managing the planning activities of the team.
- Maintain and developing planning systems, procedures and processes.
- Managing day to day administration activities to optimise the allocation of labour and resources
- Maintain and develop a solid working relationships with internal and external Partners
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement in process and procedure
- Ensure skill gaps are identified through regular training analysis
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the overall performance of the planning function
- Ensure all activities comply with relevant legislation, company policies and ethical standards
- Be the first point of escalation to ensure disruption to operations are minimised
About The Role
This position is offered as a permanent full-time opportunity. The successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and the opportunity to work for a highly regarded global market leader.
Skills and experience
Knowledge of planning systems and methodologies, mining operations, and relevant OH&S Legislation.
Functional knowledge of using appropriate tools and techniques for resource planning
- Leadership: ability to manage and coach a team
- Organisation & Planning: ability to prioritise work demands and meet timelines
- Communication: strong and proven written and oral communication and presentation skills. Ability to structure, engage and present information clearly
- Analytical Thinking: ability to work in complex frameworks, analyse and prioritise elevated levels of information and convert ideas into action. Able to identify key business trends and provide feedback and solutions to stakeholders
- Problem Solving: ability to apply technical knowledge and experience to solve problems
- Commercial, Financial and Numeracy: ability to prepare and understand detailed budgets, costing and estimates
- Negotiation: ability to influence and persuade to achieve a favourable outcome for the organisation
- IT Skills: Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency using email and internet applications, MS Word, MS Project and MS Excel
- 3-5 years working in a mining services operation
- Previous experience in planning (resource management)
- Previous experience in job scoping, planning and estimating
- Previous experience of working in a pressurized environment, delivering to tight deadlines